Tips To Prepare For a Fire In Your South Greenville County Home
When a fire breaks out in your South Greenville County home you only have two minutes to escape. It is important that you are prepared when a fire starts so that you can escape your home quickly and safely.
- Install the right amount of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting outside spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell "Fire" to alert everyone they must get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes catch on fire.