Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Charred light fixture over sink in kitchen surrounded by burnt cabinetry and window

Light Fixture Causes Electrical Fire In Greenville Home

The second leading cause of electrical fires is light fixtures. Unfortunately, that's what caused this fire in this kitchen. Luckily the homeowners' quick thinking and a fire extinguisher kept the flames from reaching other areas of their home. The homeowners realized they would need help getting their kitchen back to preloss condition. After consulting with their insurance agent, they called SERVPRO of South Greenville County.

We arrived on-site and assessed the damage. Our technicians noticed that the house had a lingering smoke smell, but most of the damage was in the kitchen. The fire extinguisher also left a fine powdery residue. Our techs set an air scrubber to get rid of the smoke smell. Next, they removed the charred light fixture and cabinetry from the kitchen. The damaged window was pulled out and boarded up. The kitchen was then HEPA vacuumed of any fire extinguisher residue. Within a few days, the team made it "Like it never even happened."

Burned Mattress From Customers Home

Why Charging Phones and Mattresses Don't Mix

This fire started by a charging cellphone left on a mattress. Within a few moments, the charging phone overheated, and the mattress ignited. Thankfully, the customer was able to smother the fire before it got too out of hand. To successfully remove the smoke odor and soot, this customer called SERVPRO of South Greenville County. 

Melted oven with burned range hood in kitchen

Grease Fire Affects Upstate Home

This customer was cooking dinner when his cooking oil became too hot and ignited. The grease fire affected the walls and ceilings in the kitchen, living room, and hallway. When our crew arrived, they found that the wallpaper had gotten so hot, it was separating from the wall. Our teams were able to remove the affected materials and smoke smell and got this customer back in his home in no time.  

Soot Webs Or Spider Webs?

These are soot tags also known as soot webs. Soot bonds together and creates webs after petroleum or synthetic sources have burned. You will typically see these on the ceilings and in the corners of your home because the air is cooler in these areas. As the air is seeking equilibrium after a fire, smoke and soot will drift towards cooler areas. The corners and ceilings of perimeter walls are the coolest in your house and will collect more soot webs after a fire. If you find soot webs in your home after fire don't attempt to remove them, as you can cause more damage to the wall or ceiling. Do call SERVPRO of South Greenville County instead! (864) 292 - 3137.