Pets Starting Fires During the Holidays in South Greenville?
The winter season is a busy time for all, our pets included! According to the American Red Cross, more home fires occur during December and January each year on Saturdays and Sundays. Our pets are curious creatures responsible for starting approximately 750 fires each year in the United States. Here are some fire safety tips for pets from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.
- Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
- Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
- Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
- Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents.
- Have a “pet-free zone” of at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your home or business, you can rely on our highly trained team at SERVPRO of South Greenville to restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 864.292.3137!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.